The Port Kennedy Association Inc. Disability Service is funded by the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Service to provide respite services to the primary carers and guardian of people living disability who resides with the Torres Shire Zone.
What does the Port Kennedy Association Inc. Disability Service offer you?
Flexi Respite Service - The service is for people with a disability between the age of 0 – 65, to access their community’s leisure and recreational activities, swimming pool, library, shopping and participate in community events.
Flexi Respite Service is also in-home care when someone you know and trust will look after the person living with a disability whilst the carer has time out for themselves.
Learning and Life Skills Development Service – The service is for people with disability between the age of 18 – 65, to community leisure and recreational activities, participate in community events and support and teach task that enhance the achievement of life goals.
The Port Kennedy Association Inc. Disability Service will work with you so that you and your family benefits.
Who is eligible for the Disability Service?
- Be able to receive The Port Kennedy Association Inc. Disability Service if you have a disability and your family or carer care for you and must be registered with the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services.
- You must live with a disability that attributable to an intellectual, sensory or physical impairment
- You will need support with communication, social interaction, learning or mobility.
- Your disability must be permanent.
- You are aged between 0 – 65 years of age
- You reside in the Torres Shire Council Zone.
The Port Kennedy Association Inc. Disability Service is:
- Flexible to your need and times
- Designed to your need
- Intended to help you and your family
Who will be the Disability Support Worker?
- The Port Kennedy Association Inc. Disability Service will work with you and your family to find a suitable support worker.
Port Kennedy Association Inc. Disability Workers are:
Port Kennedy Association Inc. Disability Service Support Workers also:
- Maintain confidentiality
- Respectful of an Individual’s rights and privacy
- Operate within the Policy and Procedures of the service
Can I make contact with Port Kennedy Association Inc. to find out more?
Yes you can:
- Telephone Port Kennedy Association Inc. 07 40 692306
- Email Port Kennedy Association Disability Service Coordinator Dulcie Cook: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit us at the PKA Hall 66 Douglas street Thursday Island 4875